The Motorcycle Safety Institute of South Africa is the leading organisation on Motorcycle Safety & Risk Awareness in South Africa, conducting Advanced and Skilled Rider Courses, Road Captain Courses, Group Safety Training, and Riding Instructor Training in a support capacity to riding schools throughout the country.
MSI was founded by Hein Jonker in November 2015, as an independent and private non-government organisation, and operated by a dedicated team of motorcycle safety enthusiasts.
MSI is also the only active organisation that monitors Motorcycle Crashes in South Africa, collecting and analysing data for the sake of Risk Awareness and education among motorcyclists.
With an ever-increasing network, MSI is able to aid and support those who share our vision. We work closely with EMS heroes nationwide, other Road Safety Organisations, Motorcycle Groups and Clubs, Riding Schools and Academies.
Our team consists of dedicated professionals, actively giving of their own time and resources to help save the lives of others.
The MSI Objectives
- To equip the South African motorcycle rider, on the safe and effective operation of a motorcycle.
- To help improve rider training standards in South Africa.
- To help improve motorcycle laws and regulations in South Africa.
- To create risk awareness through data collection, analysis, and statistics.
- To help establish and support rider education centres in South Africa.
The MSI Mission Statement
We are in the business of changing the way you think, thus changing the way you ride – Ride to Live!