As the festive season waits on us around the next...
Welcome to MSI
The Motorcycle Safety Institute is the leading organisation on Motorcycle Safety & Risk Awareness in South Africa, offering specialised motorcycle rider training and educational programmes both on local soil and into Africa.
MSI was founded by Hein Jonker in November 2015 as an independent and private non-government organisation, sparked by a passion for life on two wheels that started with Bike Talk MRA in 2005. Today, MSI is operated by a dedicated team of highly skilled motorcycle instructors and motorcycle safety enthusiasts.
The Motorcycle Safety Institute is also the only active organisation that monitored Motorcycle Crashes & Collisions in South Africa from Jan 2016 to Dec 2019; collected and analysed valuable data for Risk Awareness and Safety Education among motorcyclists.
With an ever-increasing network, MSI can aid and support those who share our vision. We work closely with EMS heroes, Road Traffic Authorities, Road Safety Organisations like Arrive Alive, Motorcycle Councils, and Riding Schools and Academies.
- Train and inform motorcyclists on safe and efficient riding techniques.
- Boost training standards by offering valuable resources and world-class assistance.
- Advocate for better motorcycle safety laws and increased awareness.
- Analyse and share pertinent data to increase situational awareness for riders.
- Equip and support riding institutions throughout Africa, fostering safe and mindful motorcycle riding.
- Develop and refine training material to uphold the highest training standards on the continent.
Change the way you think, and you will change the way you ride – Ride to Live!
Our milestones keep growing in excess of the indicators below.
Read the latest articles on Motorcycles Safety, Skills, and Risk Awareness.
Durban, South Africa – The Motorcycle Safety Institute of South...
Alright, people of Mzansi! When it comes to cruising our...
When it comes to delivering food in Mzansi’s bustling cities,...
Our popular Road Captain Guide and Motorcycle Safety Booklet can be viewed here.
Our Valued Sponsors
We want to thank our valued Sponsors for their support in furthering our efforts towards a safer riding experience in South Africa.